Get to know more about the product
What exactly are car sales SMS templates? And how do you use them? The automotive industry is rapidly growing, and there are many ways to market your car dealership. One of the most popular forms of marketing for car dealerships today is text marketing.
It's easy to send messages to your customers and prospects, making it a great way to stay in touch with them on a daily basis. We've put together a list of some best practices for writing SMS campaigns that will increase your car dealership revenue.
Why Should Car Dealers Use SMS?
78% of consumers claim that the most frequent activity on their smartphones is checking, sending, and responding to text messages throughout the day. This implies that text message marketing is a great way to reach and gauge customer satisfaction.
With so many people having cell phones, it's easy for you to send out text messages to potential clients. You can cut costs in your marketing because you don't have to pay for phone calls or internet connections to have an effective text marketing campaign.
You can use text messages in several ways. Here are a few:
- Book car service appointment reminders and provide car service payment reminders for your customers.
- Build relationships with customers who already know about your product or service by sending them personalized messages that show them how much they mean to you (and vice versa)
- Keep track of customer interest by sending them regular updates on what's happening at the company level
How to Get Started with Text Marketing for Your Auto Dealership
While text messaging has an amazing open rate and response rate, it promises to skyrocket your bottom lines. However, without a good strategy in place, it can be difficult to know where to start. You can get started with text marketing for your marketing for car dealerships in 5 easy steps!
Know What You Want to Achieve
Before you start, you must be clear about the ultimate goals of your text marketing plan and ensure that they are closely related to your overall company and marketing objectives.
Separate Your Customers
You may want to separate your audience into groups based on demographics. This will help you know how to frame your offers and messages in an effective way.
Add a Call to Action
Once you've done the difficult work of defining your marketing goals and segmenting your market, make sure to include a call to action as part of your messaging. Knowing what you want to accomplish is pointless if you don't point it out in your text.
Establish a Clear Value
Let's face it: even a welcome permission-based marketing communication can be perceived by your customers as a minor interruption. By giving your clients an appealing value in your offers, you may increase the likelihood that your messages will be taken seriously.
Track Your Metrics
If you are planning to develop or modify a text message marketing for car dealerships strategy, make sure to collect some baseline metrics and then track them on a regular basis because you can't improve what you don't measure.
Focus on the following four crucial criteria to track your metrics and improve ROI:
- List growth: The increase in new subscribers to your list or campaign.
- Churn rate: The frequency with which subscribers leave your list.
- Redemption rate: The proportion of customers who act on your marketing, such as making a purchase.
- Cost per subscriber: The amount you spend per person you send auto sales SMS.
Use Cases of SMS Marketing for Auto Dealerships
You can reach out and engage with your customers, drive traffic to your car dealerships and create leads for future sales with SMS marketing. It is the cheapest advertising channel you can employ. Some further use cases of car sales SMS marketing for your car dealership include:
- Effectively communicate purchase deals with customers who are on the go or have busy schedules and save them time
- Remind customers with purchase update reminders, like discounts, to encourage your potential buyers to make close the deal
- Send confirmations for purchases, so your customers can get timely updates on their products
- Inform customers about the upcoming car models by sending regular product updates
- Notify customers with service reminders to keep them up to date
Best SMS Templates for Car Sales
While you don't need to have a marketing degree to send text messages to your clients, you might not always have the time to come up with something. So, here are some great SMS templates you can start using right away!
Follow-Up After an In-Store Visit
- You were a pleasure to meet today, [CUSTOMER-NAME]! When you're ready to return and examine the [CAR-MODEL], text me here [PHONE-NUMBER]. Don't forget to request the [SALESPERSON-NAME].
Follow Up on a Recommendation
- Good day, [CUSTOMER-NAME]. My name is [SALESPERSON-NAME], and [REFERRER-NAME] informed me that you were interested in purchasing a car. Please call [PHONE-NUMBER] for further details.
SMS Messages for Service Appointments and Customer Feedback
- Have you made a decision on the vehicle you are going to purchase yet?
- I wanted to let you know that we have some great offers this month. Would you like to come in for a test drive?
Notification of New Stocks
- Hi [CUSTOMER-NAME]. I hope all is okay with you. I wanted to let you know that we recently received a significant influx of new vehicles, some of which I believe you would find appealing. You're invited to stop by and take them for a spin.
Benefits of Car Dealership SMS Marketing
Every business needs to market itself, and this is especially true for a competitive market such as car dealerships. While using traditional marketing methods like advertisements, billboards, or even phone calls is a good idea, reaching customers who may not have seen your business is more effective with text marketing.
According to SMS marketing data, nearly 40% of consumers want to hear from businesses two to three times each week, while just 19% object to receiving promotional SMS messages once per day, so it makes sense for you to reach them this way too!
Improved Customer Relationships
After a sale, text marketing activities shouldn't end. It's time to improve customer satisfaction. You can offer auto repair, remind people to schedule maintenance and service appointments, tell them about recalls, and advise them on safety precautions and methods to make their vehicles more durable.
In order to make sure your consumers love their new wheels and to let them know you're accessible for any assistance, you can send customized bulk SMS at a certain time after a transaction. Gain respect and loyalty from your prospective car buyers as you demonstrate concern for your customers after their purchase. Encourage repeat car sales and boost revenue by sending personalized promotions and new model announcements.
The majority of individuals take their time when buying a new car. Car dealerships can utilize bulk SMS to steer all potential customers in the proper direction without being pushy or salesy and to assist them in making informed decisions. That's the best way to increase sales.
Automate reminders for test drives, email attachments with specs for cars and other information, and enable two-way communication to respond to inquiries and offer estimates from potential customers. In this approach, potential customers book a phone call or visit the showroom whenever it's convenient for them.
Car dealerships can significantly lower marketing and client acquisition costs by using bulk text messaging. More interaction, better conversion rates, and more sales are the results.
More people are looking at their phones than reading their email. The average American spends more time on their phone than reading any other type of media, including social media posts and emails. If you want to get your message across quickly and effectively, sending an SMS is often the best option for reaching consumers who want real-time updates from your business.
How Can Car Dealers Send Bulk SMS?
You can send bulk SMS to your customers. You receive SMS from your customers, and it is a great way to build relationships with them.
Bulk SMS is also a great way to increase your customer base by sending out messages at certain intervals when you have something new or exciting in store for them!
You can learn more about how your business can benefit from adopting bulk text messaging into your auto sales SMS marketing strategy.
Auto Dealership SMS Marketing Pros and Cons
We want you to make informed decisions in choosing text message marketing. Here are some things you must have at the back of your mind.
- Text message marketing is a great way to get in touch with your customers, especially if you're looking for new leads.
- Sending a message rather than calling someone on the phone saves time and cuts costs.
- The recipient does not need to have their phone on to get it.
- It can be expensive, especially if you aren't using an automated Pay as You Go based charging system.
DOs and DON'Ts of SMS Marketing for Car Dealers
Here are a few things you should remember when sending your customers text messages.
- Do keep your messages short and to the point. This will help keep them from being overly long, which can be confusing for people who receive too many messages at once.
- Do use a template so that you don't have to come up with each message individually or write it word-for-word as the recipient asks for responses
- Do add a call-to-action at the end of every message so that customers know what action they need to take next.
- Don't bombard your clients with mass SMS messages, especially during marketing hours in the late night and early morning.
- Don't use slang and acronyms when texting. The perception of your company brand can be harmed by unprofessional language.
- Don't send everything to everyone. Segment your audiences or subscribers into as many distinct groups as you can and send each group relevant information.
The Best Strategies and Campaigns to Increase Your Auto Dealership Revenue with SMS
SMS marketing is an effective way to reach customers on their terms. It's easy to use, but it takes a lot of work and research to get results. The best strategy is always based on what your customers want and how they feel about your brand.
For instance, if you're selling cars in a rural area with no cell service but plenty of people who want to buy a car and drive long distances, you might consider sending out text messages at night when most people are sleeping so that they can receive the message when they wake up the next morning.
Try sending short campaigns with specific messaging that complements each other—for example: "How much would it cost me?" versus "What do I need?" The latter may encourage someone who has just purchased another vehicle from you recently enough that there aren't many options left without asking again sooner than later."
What exactly is text message marketing?
Text message marketing is reaching out to your customers via the text messaging apps on their phones in order to increase website or store visits, drive in-person traffic, and foster brand loyalty.
What makes text marketing a good option for my company?
The most effective digital channel is text messaging, with an open rate approximately 20 times higher than app alerts and 5 times that of promotional emails.
How can I get more people to subscribe?
It is essential for people to subscribe to your auto sales SMS list. There are many ways to achieve this, but one of the easiest ways is by sending promotional coupons to their phones.